Monday, September 04, 2006

I am a fan of Space, and its exploration. I look forward to our harnessing its beauty, its mystery and its abundant offerings. To do so collaboratively and sustainably. Yes, you guess right, I do strongly believe in the International Space Centre. We need it.

Should it be any wonder that I join in congratulating the Europeans for the successful mission of "mapping the Moon". We await more details. I salivate.

Meanwhile, let's speculate on and on and on.....

Along with NASA, the European Space Programme should move quickly to download concrete and consumable dividends to citizens, so that its relevance and continued benefits can be vividly beheld, popularly owned and, thus, generously financed. This should be done creatively and courageously: first, as public good, and, second, as sensible business.

Out here, from Africa, you have my vote.

Bravo!

No comments: